Thursday, September 9, 2010

Book Exchange

This is a longstitch journal I made for Heather of Creative Solace. We decided we would exchange handbound books.

The cover is some of my handpainted watercolor paper.
I added her initials and a blue ribbon closure as well as sewing the flaps down to make inside pockets on the covers.



Some stamping of numbers, ferns and quotes were added before the binding took place....
as well as the leather spine.
I also added some quotes to the inside signatures on the subject of Time.



This is Heather´s book she made for me.
The Unseen Playmate by Robert Louis Stevenson.
These three fotos are courtesy of Heather.


The inside pages,,,, she so beautifully decorated with vintage fotos and a poem
about children´s imaginary playmates.


Another view of the inside,,,
these pages are tags which can be pulled out of little pockets in order to read the poem.
Thank you Heather for such a beautiful book. It is on display for all to read and admire.


11 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE your watercolour paper - gorgeous colours and stamping. Just my cup of tea, lol. Heather's book is gorgeous, lucky you!

~amy~ said...

Both of your projects are simply lovely!

Terry said...

Lovely books!!! Such treasures for each of you! Have a great day!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is just beautiful Cynnie! Wonderful colors and love the ferns. Awesome art and book! :)

Jeany said...

both books are wonderfull, but I likes your better, because off the colousr, so nice, these colours. best wishes from blondie :)) janine

Terri Kahrs said...

What a wonderful exchange! You each have a gorgeous journal! Hugs, Terri xoxo

~*~Patty S said...

Oh you two had a wonderful book exchange. Each one is so very special and beautiful!
oxo

Linda Vincent said...

What a brilliant idea...and you both put so much time and effort into it.
The books are fabulous.....I adore the colours on yours Cynnie.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Both so different but equally beautiful. Your book with the handpainted covers, what a treasure. This is a very special book to own. Then your friend Heather's Imaginary Playmates, well that touched a chord with me as I had an Imaginary Friend (do you still want to know me LOL). What special books you have both created. TFS your talent. Lynne x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy Cow Cynnie. These are gorgeous. What an excellent swap. I really love your hand painted papers, too.

Heather Robinson said...

It was truly a pleasure swapping with you, Cynnie! I treasure my handmade book and have it out in my art room where I can see and use it! Let's hope we can exchange again sometime. I'd be delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...