Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Colors of Autumn

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
A. Camus
Autumn is officially here but my question is.....where did summer go?

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
E. Bronte
Autumn is one of my favorite seasons but.........
"In summer, the song sings itself."
W.C. Williams
I don´t know if I am ready to say goodbye to days like this.....

or this one either.


"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing and the lawn mower is broken."
J. Dent
Pull up a chair and enjoy the summer sun. Isn´t this the perfect place to sit and watch the leaves turn?



Go take a walk in a lush, summer forest.

Eventually.....the days will grow cooler and the leaves will begin to fall.
Collect some fallen leaves and paint the underside with watercolor.




Press the painted leaf onto watercolor paper.


It is a fun and easy instant Postcard.
"Autumn, the year´s last, loveliest smile."
W.C. Bryant
Autumn´s Glory is the theme at Sunday Postcard Art this week,,,,go have a look.


22 comments:

Miek said...

Hello , cool to stamp with a leave, i did that also very often you get always a different card. I like your colours very much

Marjanne said...

I feel the same: I love autumn, but it came a bit too quickly this year.

Sandy said...

Wow Deine Blätterwerke sind wunderschön.
Simple also beautiful. Klasse Cynnie.

Terry said...

Wow Cynnie! Those are some gorgeous pictures! Love what you did with the leaf and will give that a try! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I love these leaf prints, so simple, so beautiful.

Anneke said...

Beautiful paintings of the leaves, very beautiful photo's and a good idea to 'stamp' with a leave! The sentences in color are 'super'!

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful seasonal art and words!

Unknown said...

oh wow!!! your leaves are beautiful!!! and that quote is perfect!!! I love Autumn!!

Tracy said...

I've already told you but I'll say it again--I LOVE your watercolors! So beautiful. And the pictures are so lovely. Thanks for sharing both with us.

Katie said...

These are so soft and beautiful.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So Beautiful! You make me want to start painting again! Just fear I'll be so disappointed )-:

Evelyn S. said...

Oh Cynnie! If it weren't dark already, I would run outside and see if I could find a leaf to paint! I've used a leaf with ink before, but never with watercolors!

BTW....your curled leaf is just glorious!

Jeany said...

hallo Cybie, deine gemachte Blättern sind super toll schön, und die die du in die Farbe gedruckt hasst sind auch super tol, das werde ich mal ausprobieren, :)0 und ja eigentlich will ich auch noch was mehr sommer, da wir ja wenig hatte, aber wenn es ein schöner herbst wird bin ich auch zu friede. :)) glg Janine

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, what a beautiful post! Love your photos and your gorgeous leaves!

Catharina Maria said...

This is a great idea and i will try to do this !
love ♥RINI♥

Hermine said...

Fantastic!

Teri said...

Your leaves are just beautiful! And the quotes are perfect.

Cynthia Narcisi said...

I also felt very attached to summer this year. But Autumn is here, ready or not! Thanks for stopping by my blog (my mom's nick for me has always been Cynnie:).

Sija said...

Fabulous paintings Cynnie!

AtelierBrigitte said...

The paintings of the leaves are just perfect!! Great work.

Ellie Knol said...

You make me long to go make watercolors again. I love the first one!

Faye said...

Gorgeous leaves. Are the first ones watercolor paintings and the last ones leaves with watercolor on them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...